Have some late-season plums hanging around? Try Kiwi Gardener's Marilyn Wightman's cobbler recipe to warm you from the inside out on these cooler autumn nights.
Grated peel and juice of one orange
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp brown sugar
500g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Prepare the topping first. Place dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Grate over the butter then rub this into the flour mix between thumbs and fingers. When crumbly add egg and milk to make a soft dough. If too wet add more flour;
too dry add more milk. Roll out and cut rounds with an inverted cup. Set aside.
3. Filling: Cut the plums in half and remove pips. Arrange in a pie dish (30cm size).
4. Sprinkle over orange peel, juice and honey.
5. Arrange the cut scones over the fruit. Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle over brown sugar.
6. Cook at 200˚C for 30-40 minutes.