Masterchef’s Leo Fernandez shares the recipe for his ultimate chicken salad.
Makes 8 lettuce cup servings.
2 pcs (1/2 kg) chicken breasts, boiled in salted water, garlic, onion and bay leaves then shredded
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped
1 medium carrots, cut in batons
1 medium onion, thinly sliced and soaked in water
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup thinly cut cucumber
8 medium sized iceberg lettuce leaves
2 cloves garlic
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp water
4 tbsp lemon juice
1. To make the sauce, in a mortar in pestle put 1 tbsp of sugar then cloves of garlic and pound til finely ground then add the rest of the sugar.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients then stir using the pestle until sugar is dissolved.
3. Set aside.
1. In a big bowl, put all the ingredients together except the lettuce leaves, add the sauce and stir with the hand.
2. Divide the mixture between lettuce cups.
3. Garnish with chopped chillies, coriander leaves, and fried onion.